Welcome to Mendocino Travelers Guide!
Let us be your guide to the many pleasures of Mendocino County. Look through our digital magazine to find information on where to stay, where to eat, where to shop and more. Start from Page 1 and browse cover to cover; or use the links on this page to jump right to the many things we have to tell you about Mendocino County. Timeless communities and rugged natural splendor invite journeying in Mendocino County from coast to inland, north to south. You’re invited to experience our rural small towns, agricultural heritage, arts and crafts, and the pleasures of the table. As we like to say... put a little Mendocino in your life!
Say I Do in Mendocino:
Wedding Ideas & Tips
Approachable and sophisticated... it requires quite a balancing act to achieve both, but really there is nothing worse than a wedding that is so sophisticated it borders on stuffy—to the point that guests can’t relax and just celebrate your union. On the flip side, this is your special day as a couple and you want it to feel that way; allowing things to become too approachable can push the event into feeling like any ole’ Saturday night shindig.
Why Ukiah? We'll tell you why. Ukiah is the only place where you can sip wine from America’s greenest wine region or sample a locally brewed ale, hike amongst some of the tallest redwood trees in the world, and relax in a naturally warm and carbonated mineral spring… all in a single day! Ukiah is a charming collection of shops, restaurants and offices, where cafés are pleasantly full with locals during lunch and dinner.
Giraffes in the Neighborhood?
A trip to Mendocino County gives visitors many occasions to collect amazing and lasting memories and often a ‘first-time’ experience or two. Maybe it will be your first whale sighting, or a trip on a steam engine while marveling at the magnificence of the giant redwoods; maybe you will find your sea legs by taking an inaugural trip in a kayak and encountering your first river otter.
- Historic architecture, rocky bluffs and sandy shores, a working harbor, unique shops and a great selection of restaurants and lodging.
- Fort Bragg, Noyo, Mendocino, Little River, Albion, Elk
- Beautiful seaside drives, dramatic headlands, an historic lighthouse, an active arts community, lodging from camping to luxury inns.
- Irish Beach, Manchester, Point Arena, Gualala
- The very heart of Mendocino Wine Country. Pastoral scenery dotted with friendly hamlets where good food and drink are plentiful.
- Navarro, Philo, Boonville, Yorkville
Russian River Valleys
- Mendocino's county seat and surrounding towns offer awardwinning wineries and breweries, a mild climate and Lake Mendocino.
- Hopland, Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Potter Valley
Looking for Mendocino Real Estate? Try the Mendocino Real Estate Guide!
- A journey from rolling valleys to lush forests and rugged mountains, through vibrant small towns, each with its own unique character.
- Willits, Covelo, Laytonville, Piercy