Welcome to Mendocino Travelers Guide!
Let us be your guide to the many pleasures of Mendocino County. Look through our digital magazine to find information on where to stay, where to eat, where to shop and more. Start from Page 1 and browse cover to cover; or use the links on this page to jump right to the many things we have to tell you about Mendocino County. Timeless communities and rugged natural splendor invite journeying in Mendocino County from coast to inland, north to south. You’re invited to experience our rural small towns, agricultural heritage, arts and crafts, and the pleasures of the table. As we like to say... put a little Mendocino in your life!
Flashback to the Classics
The third week in September marks the 23rd year that Ukiah’s Early Iron Car Club will be hosting their Fabulous Flashback Car Show. For three days, the city of Ukiah becomes home to hundreds of classic cars and thousands of visitors who come to view and celebrate one of the country’s most iconic hobbies. This year’s event is slated for September 20, 21st and 22nd. The show features up to 300 cars—everything from Model A’s to muscle cars. Participants in the car show may enter a running vehicle dating from 1972 or earlier..
Art by the Sea
The South Coast has emerged as a true “art destination.” Home to many fine artists and crafts people, a vibrant local art center, and a community of first class private galleries in the town of Gualala’s Cypress Village Gallery District, the South Coast offers art lovers a full range of artistic options. The newest offering is the Art By The Sea/Sea Ranch Art Tour now in its third year.
High Rollers & Deep Enders
In the old days, the High Rollers from sleepy Yorkville rode horseback in search of entertainment. The inhabitants of The Deep End arrived from the opposite end of the valley, venturing inland from Navarro. Both found what they sought at the valley’s center in bustling Boonville, more than a dozen dusty and dirty miles away
- Historic architecture, rocky bluffs and sandy shores, a working harbor, unique shops and a great selection of restaurants and lodging.
- Fort Bragg, Noyo, Mendocino, Little River, Albion, Elk
- Beautiful seaside drives, dramatic headlands, an historic lighthouse, an active arts community, lodging from camping to luxury inns.
- Irish Beach, Manchester, Point Arena, Gualala
- The very heart of Mendocino Wine Country. Pastoral scenery dotted with friendly hamlets where good food and drink are plentiful.
- Navarro, Philo, Boonville, Yorkville
Russian River Valleys
- Mendocino's county seat and surrounding towns offer awardwinning wineries and breweries, a mild climate and Lake Mendocino.
- Hopland, Ukiah, Redwood Valley, Potter Valley
Looking for Mendocino Real Estate? Try the Mendocino Real Estate Guide!
- A journey from rolling valleys to lush forests and rugged mountains, through vibrant small towns, each with its own unique character.
- Willits, Covelo, Laytonville, Piercy